Monday, December 19, 2016

Aja's Seed Story by Annika Gordon

For story of the seed blogpost #5 we had to interview someone on their experience during the project, I choose Aja. When I asked Aja "What have you learned?" She responded with, “I learned that germination is when a seed grows and becomes a sprout.” I then went on to ask what surprised or amazed her the most? She told me “I was actually really surprised about how much the plants had grown because looking at the garden now they are 5 times as big as they were maybe more.” I asked her i anything made her laugh during this experiment and after a bit of thought she old me that that question made her laugh, but she wasn't sure if it was considered part of the project. I went on to ask, what made you pause and think a little deeper and what questions do you have about things you observed or experienced in the garden? she said “how other surgery substances would affect plant growth was something that popped into my head often during this experiment. Would they make the plant grow faster than what we used?” and “I am curious about how competition works in the garden and would like to learn more about this process.” For my last question I asked her what her biggest setback was, and almost immediately she responded with, “most of our plants were very weak or had died from our experiment. The salt caused plants not to sprout and if they did they were very weak. Poor care was also played a huge part in this.”

No comments:

Post a Comment