Thursday, September 1, 2016

Annika Gordon Bio

My name is Annika Gordon. I have lived in San Jose California on the same street and in the same house my entire life. My grandparents and cousins live in Indiana, where my dad came from, and my other cousins live in Santa Cruz, where my mom came from.

I have, and still do, garden all the time. I have grown sunflowers, lemons, tomatoes, pumpkins, onions, carrots, borage, and many other things. I have always loved gardening and in between school, dance, and homework I try to garden as often as possible. Gardening gives my a sense of peace and calm, which I struggle to find anywhere else.

My mom taught me how to garden at a young age, and though she didn't know much about it, she inspired me to get a lot better. My neighbors, and close friends, are the ones that really taught me about gardening and cooking, which they know a lot about. I usually just cook simple things like grilled cheese, pasta, and lemonade, but sometimes I like to make my own red sauce and jelly from the plants in my garden. I also love making all sorts of pies and stir fries for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment